You set different levels of permission on a package to limit the access that different users or user groups can have to the contents of that package.
Before you begin
Create a package, open it for editing in the package editor, and add the necessary elements to the package.
About this task
You can select the different users and user groups for which to set permissions from the users and user groups in the Orchestrator LDAP or vCenter Single Sign-On server. Orchestrator defines levels of permissions that you can apply to users or groups.
The user can view the elements in the package, but cannot view the schemas or scripting.
The user can view the elements in the package, including the schemas and scripting.
The user can edit the elements in the package.
The user can set permissions on the elements in the package.
- Click the Permissions tab in the package editor.
- Click the Add access rights icon () to define permissions for a new user or user group.
- Search for a user or user group.
The search results show all of the users and user groups that match the search.
- Select a user or user group.
- Check the appropriate check boxes to set the level of permissions for this user and click Select.
To allow a user to view the elements, inspect the schema and scripting, run and edit the elements, and change the permissions, you must check all check boxes.
- Click Save and close to exit the editor.
You created a package and set the appropriate user permissions.