Catalog users with the required entitlement can request the running of a configured service through the services catalog in vRealize Automation.
About this task
For more information about using entitlements and how they determine which users and groups can request specific catalog items or perform specific actions, see the vRealize Automation product documentation.
Verify that you have the user privileges to access the plug-in as a catalog user.
Verify that your user account possesses the required entitlement to access and request OpenStack Services.
- Log in to the vRealize Automation tenant as a catalog user.
- Select .
- Required: Click Request for the service that you need.
The actual name of this service is determined by the person who creates the source blueprint.
The New Request page displays the parameters you need to supply.
- On the Request Information tab, enter a brief description.
- Click the Step tab and provide the required configurations.
- Click Submit.
The request is submitted. After the request is approved, depending on the approval policy associated with the catalog service, the OpenStack service request runs.
- To confirm if the request was successful, you can log in to OpenStack to verify that the OpenStack service request completed successfully.
You must log in to OpenStack as the same user who requested the new service.