You can design blueprints that create or delete VM instances.
- Verify that you have service architect user privileges to access the plug-in.
- Verify that the OpenStack Keystone service is connected to an Active Directory server for automatic synchronization. This configuration automatically synchronizes user accounts in Keystone
- Log in to the vRealize Automation tenant as a service architect.
- Select .
- Click New.
- Select the workflow delete an instance, and click Next.
or The blueprint form appears.
- Complete the text boxes in the blueprint form.
You must enter custom labels for all parameters. Parameters listed below are specific for this blueprint. Keystone URL, Project name, Keystone domain name, User name, and Password parameters are mandatory for all blueprints. For the delete blueprint you only need the first parameter from the table and the mandatory ones.
Parameter Description Visibility to user Instance name Enter name for the VM. True Image name Name of the VM image to clone from.
Instance source is the template used to create an instance. You can use a snapshot of an existing instance, an image, or a volume, if enabled. You can also select to use persistent storage by creating a new volume.
True Flavor name Name of the flavor.
Flavors manage the sizing for the compute, memory and storage capacity of the instance.
True Network name Enter name of an existing network.
Networks provide the communication channels for instances in the cloud.
True Keypair name Select an existing key pair, import a key pair, or generate a new key pair.
A key pair allows you to connect over SSH to your newly created instance.
True Availability zone Optional.
Defines the placement for allocation of virtual machines.
True Timeout Timeout for the workflow to wait for creation complete. True
- Click Finish.
The newly created blueprint appears in the list of XaaS blueprints.
- To publish the blueprint, select it from the list and click Publish.
A blueprint becomes available for consumption only after you publish it.