You can call a workflow from a workflow and schedule it to start at a later time and date.
Before you begin
Open a workflow for editing in the workflow editor.
Add some elements to the workflow schema.
About this task
You schedule workflows in another workflow by using the Schedule Workflow element.
- Drag a Schedule Workflow element from the Generic menu to the appropriate position in the workflow schema.
- Search for the workflow to call by typing part of its name in the text box.
- Select the workflow from the list and click OK.
- Click the Edit icon () of the Schedule Workflow element in the workflow schema.
- Click the IN property tab.
A parameter named workflowScheduleDate appears in the list of properties to define, together with the input parameters of the calling workflow.
- Click Not set for the workflowScheduleDate parameter to set the parameter.
- Click Create parameter/attribute in workflow to create the parameter and set the parameter value.
- Click Not set for Value to set the parameter value.
- Use the calendar that appears to set the date and time to start the scheduled workflow and click OK.
- Bind the remaining input parameters to the scheduled workflow in the IN tab of the scheduled workflow element.
- Bind the required output parameters to the Task object in the OUT tab of the scheduled workflow element.
- Define the exception behavior of the scheduled workflow element in the Exceptions tab.
- Click Close.
- Click Save at the bottom of the workflow editor.
You scheduled a workflow to start at a given time and date from another workflow.
What to do next
You can call multiple workflows simultaneously from a workflow.