You can back up your vRealize Orchestrator instance as a virtual machine.
About this task
You can export your database prior to the full VM backup. For information on how to export your database, see Export the Orchestrator Database. If vRealize Orchestrator and the external database are on different machines, you must back up the database separately.
To ensure that all components of a VM in a single product are backed up together, store the VMs of your vRealize Orchestrator environment in a single vCenter Server folder and create a backup policy job for that folder.
Verify that the vSphere Data Protection appliance is deployed and configured. For information about how to deploy and configure vSphere Data Protection, see the vSphere Data Protection Administration documentation.
Use the vSphere Web Client to log in to the vCenter Server instance that manages your environment. Log in as the user with administrator privileges that was used during the vSphere Data Protection configuration.
- On the vSphere Web Client Home page, click vSphere Data Protection.
- Select your vSphere Data Protection appliance from the VDP appliance drop-down menu and click Connect.
- On the Getting Started tab, click Create Backup Job.
- Click Guest Images to back up your vRealize Orchestrator instance and click Next.
- Select Full Image to back up the entire virtual machine and click Next.
- Expand the Virtual Machines tree and select the check box of your vRealize Orchestrator VM.
- Follow the prompts to set the backup schedule, retention policy, and name of the backup job.
For more information about how to back up and restore virtual machines, see the vSphere Data Protection Administration documentation.
Your backup job appears in the list of backup jobs on the Backup tab.
- (Optional) : Open the Backup tab, select your backup job and click Backup now to back up your vRealize Orchestrator.
Alternatively, you can wait for the backup to start automatically according to the schedule that you set.
The backup process appears on the Recent Tasks page.
The image of your VM appears in the list of backups on the Restore tab.
What to do next
Open the Restore tab and verify that the image of your VM is in the list of backups.