You can run an external PowerShell script on a host in the plug-in's inventory.
Before you begin
Verify that you are logged in to the Orchestrator client as an administrator.
Verify that you have a connection to a PowerShell host from the Inventory view.
Verify that you have acces to other .ps1 files that the script might reference.
About this task
External PowerShell scripts are contained in .ps1 files. The .ps1 file that you want to run must be located on the PowerShell host.
- Click the Workflows view in the Orchestrator client.
- In the workflows hierarchical list, select and navigate to the Invoke an external script workflow.
- Right-click the Invoke an external script workflow and select Start workflow.
- Select a PowerShell host on which to run the scrpt.
- In the Name text box, type the filename of the external .ps1 script that you want to run.
If the .ps1 file is not in the default folder, you must type the absolute filepath. You can use system environment variables to specify script paths. For example, $env:HOMEPATH\test1.ps1.
- In the Arguments text box, type the script arguments.
The valid syntax is the same as that used in the PowerShell console.
- Click Submit to run the workflow.