You can run a workflow to set the port on which Orchestrator listens for SNMP traps.
Before you begin
Verify that you are logged in to the Orchestrator client as an administrator.
Verify that you have a connection to an SNMP device from the Inventory view.
About this task
The default port for SNMP traps is 162. However, on Linux systems, you can open ports bellow 1024 only with superuser privileges. To ensure better compatibility, the default port for listening to SNMP traps in the SNMP plug-in is set to 4000.
- Click the Workflows view in the Orchestrator client.
- In the workflows hierarchical list, select and navigate to the Set the SNMP trap port workflow.
- Right-click the Set the SNMP trap port workflow and select Start workflow.
- In the Port text box, type the port number on which Orchestrator should listen for SNMP traps.
- Click Submit to run the workflow.
The workflow stops the trap host, sets the new port, and starts the trap host again.