You can run a workflow from the Orchestrator client to generate a key pair. You can use the key pair to connect to an SSH host without a password.
Before you begin
Verify that the user account you are logged in with has the necessary permissions to run SSH workflows.
About this task
A key pair consists of a public key and a private key. Orchestrator can use the private key to connect to the public key on an SSH host. You can use a passphrase to improve security.
All Orchestrator users with the right set of privileges can read, use, and overwrite your private key.
- Click the Workflows view in the Orchestrator client.
- In the workflows hierarchical list, expand and navigate to the Generate key pair workflow.
- Right-click the Generate key pair workflow and select Start workflow.
- Provide the required information.
- Select the key type.
- Select the key size.
- (Optional) : Enter a passphrase.
You can change the passphrase later.
- (Optional) : Enter a comment.
- Click Submit to run the workflow.
If a key pair exists, the new key pair overwrites it.