You can use this workflow to create a load balancer server pool. A server pool is created to manage and share backend servers flexibly and efficiently. A pool manages load balancer distribution methods and has a service monitor attached to it for health check parameters.
- Click the Workflows tab and then navigate to .
- Click the green Start Workflow icon.
- Select the NSX Connection object (NSX endpoint). If not set, select the connection from the NSX inventory from the vRO inventory view.
- Select the NSX Edge object.
- Enter the name of the backend pool.
- Enter a description of the backend pool.
- Enter the load balancing algorithm (round-robin, ip-hash, uri, leastconn). The default is round-robin.
- Choose whether to enable transparency.
- Select the load balancer monitor object part of the pool.
- Select the load balancer pool members.
- Enter the algorithm parameters. This is required for HTTPHEADER and URL algorithms, but optional for URI.
- Click Submit.