You register the Orchestrator server with a vCenter Single Sign-On server by using the vSphere authentication mode in Control Center. Use vCenter Single Sign-On authentication with vCenter Server 6.0 and later.
Install and configure VMware vCenter Single Sign-On and verify that your vCenter Single Sign-On server is running.
Ensure that the clocks of the Orchestrator server and the vCenter Server Appliance are synchronized. Otherwise you might receive cryptic vCenter Single Sign-On errors.
- Log in to Control Center as root.
- Click Configure Authentication Provider.
- Select vSphere from the Authentication mode drop-down menu.
- In the Host address text box, enter your Platform Services Controller host address and click Connect.
- Click Accept Certificate.
- In the User name and Password text boxes, enter the credentials of the vCenter Single Sign-On administrator account.
The account is temporarily used only for registering or removing Orchestrator as a solution.
- (Optional) : Select the Configure licenses check box.
- Click Register.
- In the Default tenant text box, enter the default domain to authenticate a user who logs in without a domain name. The default value is vsphere.local.
- In the Admin group text box, enter an administrators group and click Search.
- Click Save Changes.
A message indicates that you saved successfully.
You successfully registered Orchestrator with vCenter Single Sign-On.