You can configure the Orchestrator server to deny access to the Orchestrator client to all users who are not members of the Orchestrator administrator group.
About this task
By default, all users who are granted execute permissions can connect to the Orchestrator client. However, you can limit access to the Orchestrator client to Orchestrator administrators by setting an Orchestrator configuration system property.
If the property is not configured, or if the property is set to false, Orchestrator permits access to the Orchestrator client by all users.
- Log in to Control Center as root.
- Click System Properties.
- Click the Add icon ().
- In the Key text box enter com.vmware.o11n.smart-client-disabled.
- In the Value text box enter true.
- (Optional) In the Description text box enter Disable Orchestrator client connection.
- Click Add.
- Click Save changes from the pop-up menu.
A message indicates that you have saved successfully.
- Restart the Orchestrator server.
You disabled access to the Orchestrator client to all users other than members of the Orchestrator administrator group.