You can restore your vRealize Orchestrator instance on its original location or on a different location on the same vCenter Server.
About this task
If your vRealize Orchestrator and external database run on different machines, you must first restore the database and then the vRealize Orchestrator VM.
Verify that the vSphere Data Protection appliance is deployed and configured. For information about how to deploy and configure vSphere Data Protection, see the vSphere Data Protection Administration documentation.
Back up your vRealize Orchestrator instance. See Back Up vRealize Orchestrator.
Use the vSphere Web Client to log in to the vCenter Server instance that manages your environment. Log in as the user with administrator privileges that you used during the vSphere Data Protection configuration.
- On the vSphere Web Client Home page, click vSphere Data Protection.
- Select your vSphere Data Protection appliance from the VDP appliance drop-down menu and click Connect.
- Open the Restore tab.
- From the list of backup jobs, select the vRealize Orchestrator backup that you want to restore.
If you have multiple VMs, you must restore them simultaneously so that they are synchronized.
- To restore your vRealize Orchestrator instance on the same vCenter Server, click the Restore icon and follow the prompts to set the location on your vCenter Server where to restore your vRealize Orchestrator.
Do not select Power On, as the appliance must be the last component to be powered on. For information about how to back up and restore a virtual machine, see the vSphere Data Protection Administration documentation.
A message that states that the restore is successfully initiated appears.
- (Optional) Power on your database hosts if they are external and restore your load balancer configuration.
- Power on the vRealize Orchestrator Appliance.
The restored vRealize Orchestrator VM appears in the vCenter Server inventory.
What to do next
Verify that vRealize Orchestrator is configured properly by opening the Validate Configuration page in Control Center.