You can restore a previously exported system configuration after you reinstall Orchestrator or if a system failure occurs.
About this task
If you use the import procedure to clone the Orchestrator configuration, the vCenter Server plug-in configuration becomes invalid and does not work, because a new vCenter Server plug-in ID is generated.
Stop the Orchestrator server from the Startup Options page in Control Center.
- Log in to Control Center as root.
- Click Export/Import Configuration and navigate to the Import Configuration tab.
- Browse to and select the .zip file that you exported from your previous installation.
- Enter the password that you used when exporting the configuration.
This step is not necessary if you have not exported the configuration with a password.
- Click Import.
- Select the type of files you want to import.
Do not use Force import plug-ins, unless you want all the plug-ins with new versions to be substituted with previous versions that the exported file might contain. Version incompatibility might cause the plug-ins to stop working.
- Click Finish Import.
A message states that the configuration is successfully imported. The new system replicates the old configuration completely.
What to do next
Verify that vRealize Orchestrator is configured properly by opening the Validate Configuration page in Control Center.
Restart the Orchestrator server from the Startup Options page in Control Center for the changes to take effect.