You can edit a trap policy to customize it for a specific use case. When you edit a trap policy, you can change its priority and startup settings, as well as customize the scripting and permissions associated with the policy.
Before you begin
Verify that you are logged in to the Orchestrator client as an administrator.
Verify that you have a connection to an SNMP device from the Inventory view.
- Click the Policies view in the Orchestrator client.
- If the policy that you want to edit is running, right-click the policy and select Stop policy.
- Right-click the policy and select Edit.
- From the General tab, edit the startup settings, priority, and description of the policy.
- (Optional) : From the Scripting tab, you can associate a specific workflow or scripting code with the policy, for integration in a more complex scenario.
You can set the policy to trigger a custom workflow when a trap is received.
- (Optional) : From the Permissions tab, you can modify the access rights.
You can give permissions to a user or to a group to start the policy, without giving permissions to edit the policy.
- Click Save and close to apply the edited settings.
- On the Policies view, right-click the policy that you edited and select Start policy.