You can run a workflow from the Orchestrator client to generate a key pair. You can use the key pair to connect to an SSH host without a password.
About this task
A key pair consists of a public key and a private key. Orchestrator can use the private key to connect to the public key on an SSH host. You can use a passphrase to improve security.
All Orchestrator users with the right set of privileges can read, use, and overwrite your private key.
Verify that the user account you are logged in with has the necessary permissions to run SSH workflows.
- Click the Workflows view in the Orchestrator client.
- In the workflows hierarchical list, expand and navigate to the Generate key pair workflow.
- Right-click the Generate key pair workflow and select Start workflow.
- Provide the required information.
- Select the key type.
- Select the key size.
- (Optional) Enter a passphrase.
You can change the passphrase later.
- (Optional) Enter a comment.
- Click Submit to run the workflow.
If a key pair exists, the new key pair overwrites it.