You can add a basic switch activity to a workflow schema that defines the switch cases based on workflow attributes or parameters.
About this task
Every switch activity can have multiple switch cases. Every switch case is defined by a condition related to an attribute or a parameter. If the condition is fulfilled, the workflow run switches to a corresponding workflow element that you define. If none of the specified conditions are fulfilled, the workflow run switches to a default workflow element that you define.
Workflows that contain a Switch element are not compatible with Orchestrator 5.5.x or earlier.
Verify that the Schema tab of the workflow editor contains elements.
- Drag a Switch element to the appropriate element in the workflow schema.
- Click the Edit icon () of the Switch element.
- In the Cases tab, add or delete switch cases.
You can change the priority of switch cases.
- Define the condition for each switch case.
- Select the corresponding workflow element for each switch case.
- Select the default workflow element to switch to.
- Click Close.
- Click Save.
You defined the switch case conditions and workflow paths.