To avoid potential security issues, instead of changing the root password, you can create a new user account and assign it a password at any time. By creating this new user account, you disable the access of the root account to Control Center.
- Log in to Control Center as an administrator.
- On the Settings page, click Change Credentials.
- In the Old password text box, enter your current password.
- In the New user name text box, enter the new user name.
- In the New password text box, enter the new password.
- Reenter the new password to confirm it.
- Click Change Credentials.