You can run a workflow to generate an action for a PowerShell cmdlet and parameter set that you provide. With this action, you can use PowerShell functionality in Orchestrator. You can optionally generate a sample workflow that can run the generated action.
About this task
You can use a large set of data types with the PowerShell script engine. The data types that you can use include primitive types such as Integer, Boolean, Char, any type available from the .NET assembly, or user-defined types. When generating actions based on PowerShell cmdlet definitions, the input and output cmdlet parameters are represented by types that the Orchestrator platform supports. The PowerShell plug-in defines the type mappings. In general, primitive types are mapped to the corresponding Orchestrator types, and complex types are represented by the PowerShellRemotePSObject object.
Verify that you are logged in to the Orchestrator client as an administrator.
Verify that you have a connection to a PowerShell host from the Inventory view.
- Click the Workflows view in the Orchestrator client.
- In the workflows hierarchical list, expand and navigate to the Generate an action for a PowerShell cmdlet workflow.
- Right-click the Generate an action for a PowerShell cmdlet workflow and select Start workflow.
- Select a PowerShell cmdlet to run when using the action that you generate.
- Select a parameter set for the cmdlet.
The parameter set definition values appear in the Parameter set definition text box.Note:
You cannot modify the parameter set definition values by editing the string in the Parameter set definition text box. You can review the string for information about the parameters that the parameter set contains.
- In the Name text box, type a name for the action that you want to generate.
- Select an existing module in which to generate the action.
- Select whether to generate a workflow.
Generates a sample workflow that can run the generated action. You should select a folder in which to generate the workflow.Note:
The name of the generated workflow consists of the predefined string Execute Cmdlet and the name of the generated action.
A sample workflow is not generated.
- Click Submit to run the workflow.
What to do next
You can integrate the generated action in custom workflows.