When you define an individual function as an action, instead of coding it directly into a scriptable task workflow element, you can expose it in the library for other workflows to use.
- From the drop-down menu in the Orchestrator client, select Design.
- Click the Actions view.
- Expand the root of the actions hierarchical list and navigate to the module in which you want to create the action.
- Right-click the module and select Add action.
- Type a name for the action in the text box and click OK.
Your custom action is added to the library of actions.
- Right-click the action and select Edit.
- Click the Scripting tab.
- To change the default return type, click the void link.
- Add the action input parameters by clicking the arrow icon.
- Write the action script.
- Set the action permissions.
- Click Save and close.
You created a custom action and added the action input parameters.
What to do next
You can use the new custom action in a workflow.