To form a cluster, you can configure an Orchestrator instance to use vRealize Automation as an authentication provider and join other Orchestrator nodes to it.
About this task
An Orchestrator cluster consists of at least two Orchestrator server instances that share one database.
Configure a standalone Orchestrator server node. See Configure a Standalone Orchestrator Server with vRealize Automation Authentication.
Synchronize the clocks of the virtual machines that the Orchestrator server instances are installed on.
Set up a load balancer to distribute traffic among multiple instances of vRealize Orchestrator. See vRealize Orchestrator Load Balancing.
- Access Control Center of the node you are about to add to the cluster to start the configuration wizard.
- Navigate to https://your_orchestrator_server_IP_or_DNS_name:8283/vco-controlcenter.
- Log in as root with the password you entered during OVA deployment.
- Select the Clustered Orchestrator deployment type.
By choosing this type, you join the node to an existing Orchestrator cluster.
- In the Hostname text box, enter the host name or IP address of the first Orchestrator server instance.
This must be the local IP or host name of the Orchestrator instance, to which you are joining the cluster. Do not use the load balancer address.
- In the User name and Password text boxes, enter the root credentials of the first Orchestrator server instance.
- Click Join
The Orchestrator instance clones the configuration of the node, to which it joins.
- Click the settings icon at the upper right corner of the Control Center home page and click Sign out.
You log out the root account from Control Center. You are redirected to the VMware Identity Manager (vIDM) logout screen.Note:
The root account can no longer access Control Center.
- Click Go back to login page.
You are redirected to the VMware Identity Manager (vIDM) login screen.Note:
The requests to the individual Orchestrator nodes in the cluster are managed by the load balancer server, so you can no longer access the Control Centers separately.
- Log in to Control Center with the administrator user account in the vsphere.local tenant.
You have successfully configured a cluster of Orchestrator instances.
What to do next
Verify that the node is configured properly at the Validate Configuration page.