You can set a policy to continuously listen for traps from an SNMP device that is already registered in the plug-in inventory.
Verify that you are logged in to the Orchestrator client as an administrator.
Verify that you have a connection to an SNMP device from the Inventory view.
- From the drop-down menu in the Orchestrator client, select Administer.
- Click the Policy Templates view.
- In the workflows hierarchical list, expand and navigate to the SNMP Trap policy template.
- Right-click the SNMP Trap policy template and select Apply Policy.
- In the Policy name text box, enter a name for the policy that you want to create.
- (Optional) : In the Policy description text box, enter a description for the policy.
- Select an SNMP device for which to set the policy.
- Click Submit to create the policy.
The Orchestrator client switches to Run perspective.
- On the Policies view, right-click the policy that you created and select Start policy.
The trap policy starts to listen for SNMP traps.
What to do next
You can edit the SNMP Trap policy.