You can run a workflow that waits to receive an SNMP trap from a specified device.
This workflow features a trigger, which stops the run of the workflow and waits for an SNMP trap before continuing. When a trap is received, the workflow run resumes. You can use the workflow as part of more complex workflows, or as a sample that you can customize or extend for a specific need.
Verify that you are logged in to the Orchestrator client as an administrator.
Verify that you have a connection to an SNMP device from the Inventory view.
- Click the Workflows view in the Orchestrator client.
- In the workflows hierarchical list, expand and navigate to the Wait for a trap on an SNMP device workflow.
- Right-click the Wait for a trap on an SNMP device workflow and select Start workflow.
- Select the device on which you want to wait for an SNMP trap.
- (Optional) In the OID text box, type the object identifier of a specific trap.
If you leave the text box empty, the workflow run resumes after receiving any trap from the specified SNMP device.
- Click Submit to run the workflow.