With the SNMP Trap Host policy listens for SNMP traps from hosts that might not be added as registered SNMP devices.
Verify that you are logged in to the Orchestrator client as an administrator.
Verify that you have a connection to an SNMP device from the Inventory view.
- From the drop-down menu in the Orchestrator client, select Administer.
- Click the Policy Templates view.
- In the workflows hierarchical list, expand and navigate to the SNMP Trap Host policy template.
- Right-click the SNMP Trap Host policy template and select Apply Policy.
- In the Policy name text box, enter a name for the policy that you want to create.
- (Optional) In the Policy description text box, enter a description for the policy.
Trap Host (Online)from the inventory tree.
- Click Submit to create the policy.
The Orchestrator client switches to Run perspective.
- Right-click the policy and select Edit.
- In the Scripting tab, expand
- Select a workflow or a script to associate with the policy.
- Click Save and close to apply the edited settings.
- On the Policies view, right-click the policy that you edited and select Start policy.
What to do next
You can edit the SNMP Trap Host policy.