You can migrate your existing vRealize Orchestrator deployment to a new vRealize Orchestrator environment.
The vRealize Orchestrator migration transfers an external source vRealize Orchestrator configuration to your current vRealize Orchestrator environment, overwriting all existing elements such as workflows, actions, configuration and resource elements, packages, tasks, policies, certificates, plug-ins, and others.
Note: Migration of embedded vRealize Orchestrator environments to external vRealize Orchestrator environments is not supported.
Note: The migrated vRealize Orchestrator configuration does not include the following data that might affect the target vRealize Orchestrator performance and use.
- Customized system settings, such as memory thresholds or an increased Java heap space.
- Logging levels that are different from the default settings.
- Syslog server configuration in the Logging Integration page in Control Center.
- Custom system properties that you configure in the System Properties page in Control Center or apply directly to the vmo.properties file on the appliance.
- Workflow execution logs.
- Dynamic types plug-in configurations.
Note: Starting with vRealize Orchestrator 7.5, the appliance only supports the embedded PostgreSQL database. For non-Windows source vRealize Orchestrator configurations, data from external databases, such as Oracle or MSSQL, is migrated to the embedded PostgreSQL database automatically. For Windows source vRealize Orchestrator configurations, follow the relevant migration procedures to migrate the external database to the embedded PostgreSQL database.