Orchestrator provides a standard library of workflows that you can use to automate operations in the virtual infrastructure. The workflows in the standard library are locked in the read-only state. To customize a standard workflow, you must create a duplicate of that workflow. Duplicate workflows or custom workflows that you create are fully editable.
For information about the different access rights that you can have when you work with the Orchestrator server depending on the type of vCenter Server license, see Installing and Configuring VMware vRealize Orchestrator.
The contents of the workflow library is accessible through the Workflows view in the Orchestrator client. The standard workflow library provides workflows in the following folders.
- Configure authentication settings, database, certificates, licences, and troubleshoot Orchestrator.
- Test the communication between a workflow and a database by using the SQL plug-in shipped with Orchestrator.
- Demonstrates the locking mechanism for automated processes, that allows workflows to lock the resources they use.
- Send and receive emails from workflows.
- Automate certain common Orchestrator operations.
- Manage databases and database tables, as well as run SQL operations.
- Implement the Secure Shell v2 (SSH-2) protocol. These workflows allow you to run remote command and file transfer sessions with password and public key-based authentication. The SSH configuration allows you to specify paths to objects to expose in the Orchestrator inventory through secure connections.
- Export application settings and log files to a ZIP archive that you can send to VMware support for troubleshooting.
- vCenter Server
- Access the functions of the vCenter Server API, so that you can incorporate all of the vCenter Server functions into the management processes that you automate by using Orchestrator.
- Workflow documentation
- Export information about workflows or workflow categories as PDF files.
- A Document Object Model (DOM) XML parser that you can use to process XML files in workflows.