Resource elements are external objects that you can import to the Orchestrator server for workflows to use as attributes when they run. For example, a workflow can use an imported XML file that defines a map to convert one type of data to another, or a script that defines a function, when it runs.
Verify that you have the following objects in your Orchestrator server:
- An image, script, XML, or HTML file, or any other type of object imported into Orchestrator as a resource element.
- A workflow that requires the resource element as an attribute.
- From the drop-down menu in the Orchestrator client, select Design.
- Click the Workflows view.
- Expand the hierarchical tree viewer to navigate to the workflow that requires the resource element as an attribute.
- Right-click the workflow and select Edit.
- On the General tab, in the Attributes pane, click the Add attribute icon ().
- Click the attribute name and type a new name for the attribute.
- Click Type to set the attribute type.
- In the Select a type dialog box, type resource in the Filter box to search for an object type.
Option Action Define a single resource element as an attribute Select ResourceElement from the list.
Define a folder that contains multiple resource elements as an attribute
Select ResourceElementCategory from the list.
- Click Value and type the name of the resource element or category of resource elements in the Filter text box.
- From the proposed list, select the resource element or a folder containing resource elements and click Select.
- Click Save and close to exit the editor.
You added a resource element or folder of resource elements as an attribute in a workflow.