The Opentracing and Wavefront extensions provide tools for gathering data about your vRealize Orchestrator environment, that can be used for troubleshooting the Orchestrator system and workflows.
Before you can configure Orchestrator to use the Opentracing and Wavefront extensions, you must enable them in the Orchestrator Application.
Verify that the Orchestrator Appliance SSH service is enabled. You can verify the SSH service status on the Admin tab of the Orchestrator VAMI.
- Log in to the Orchestrator Application with an SSH client as root.
Access the Orchestrator Application at https://your_orchestrator_server_ip_or_DNS_name:5480.
- Navigate to the extensions directory.
- Use the ls command to list all available Orchestrator extensions.
- Enable Wavefront and Opentracing extensions.
mv opentracing-7.6.0.jar.inactive opentracing-7.6.0.jar
mv wavefront-7.6.0.jar.inactive wavefront-7.6.0.jar
- Use the ls command again and confirm that the extensions do not end with
What to do next
Configure Opentracing and Wavefront integration with Orchestrator in the Extensions Properties page of the Orchestrator Control Center.