The Opentracing and Wavefront extensions for vRealize Orchestrator provide tools for gathering data about your vRealize Orchestrator environment . You can use this data for troubleshooting the vRealize Orchestrator system and workflows.
Before you can configure vRealize Orchestrator to use the Opentracing and Wavefront extensions, you must enable them in the vRealize Orchestrator Appliance.
Verify that the vRealize Orchestrator Appliance SSH service is enabled. You can verify the SSH service status on the Admin tab of the vRealize Orchestrator VAMI.
- Log in to the vRealize Orchestrator Appliance with an SSH client as root.
Access the vRealize Orchestrator Appliance at https:// your_orchestrator_hostname:5480.
- Navigate to the extensions directory.
- Run the ls command to list all available vRealize Orchestrator extensions.
- Enable Wavefront and Opentracing extensions.
mv opentracing-7.6.0.jar.inactive opentracing-7.6.0.jarmv wavefront-7.6.0.jar.inactive wavefront-7.6.0.jar
- Run the ls command again and confirm that the extensions do not end with
What to do next
Configure Opentracing and Wavefront integration with vRealize Orchestrator in the Extension Properties page of the Control Center. For more information, see Configure the Opentracing Extension and Configure the Wavefront Extension.