After you receive a certificate from a CA, you must add the certificate to your local storage to work with Control Center without receiving certificate warnings or error messages.
This workflow describes the process of adding the certificate to your local storage by using Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer and go to https://orchestrator_server_IP_or_DNS_name:8283/.
- When prompted, click Continue to this website (not recommended).
The certificate error appears on the right side of the address bar in Internet Explorer.
- Click the Certificate Error and select View Certificates.
- Click Install Certificate.
- On the Welcome page of the Certificate Import Wizard, click Next.
- In the Certificate Store window, select Place all certificates in the following store.
- Browse and select Trusted Root Certification Authorities.
- Complete the wizard and restart Internet Explorer.
- Navigate to the Orchestrator server over your SSL connection.
You no longer receive warnings, and you do not receive a Certificate Error in the address bar.
Other applications and systems, such as VMware Service Manager, must have access to the Orchestrator REST APIs though an SSL connection.