You can migrate your existing external vRealize Orchestrator server to a vRealize Orchestrator instance embedded in vRealize Automation.
You can deploy vRealize Orchestrator as an external server instance and configure vRealize Automation to work with that external instance, or you can configure and use the vRealize Orchestrator server that is included in the vRealize Automation appliance.
The migration from an external to embedded vRealize Orchestrator provides several benefits:
- Reduces the total cost of ownership.
- Simplifies the deployment model.
- Improves the operational efficiency.
- Multiple tenants in the vRealize Automation environment.
- Geographically dispersed environment.
- Workload handling.
- Use of specific plug-ins, such as the Site Recovery Manager plug-in versions earlier than 6.5.