Migrate your source vRealize Orchestrator 6.x or 7.x configuration to a target vRealize Orchestrator 7.6 environment.
Note: The migration procedure is identical for both standalone and clustered vRealize Orchestrator environments. If you have a clustered target environment, perform the migration through the VAMI interface on the target primary node.
- When migrating a clustered vRealize Orchestrator environment, enter the credentials of any node from the source cluster. The target cluster must be in async mode for the migration to be successful.
- Deploy and configure your new vRealize Orchestrator 7.6 environment. For more information, see Installing and Configuring VMware vRealize Orchestrator.
- Stop the source vRealize Orchestrator services.
service vco-server stop service vco-configurator stop
- Enable SSH access for each node in the source and target environments.
- Verify that the source vRealize Orchestrator database is accessible from the target vRealize Orchestrator environment.
- Finish all workflows in the source vRealize Orchestrator environment that are in the running or waiting for input states. Workflows in these states are marked as failed after migration to the target environment.
- Back up the source vRealize Orchestrator database, including the database schema.
- Log in to the VAMI interface of the target vRealize Orchestrator environment as root.
Access the VAMI interface at https:// your_orchestrator_server_ip_or_DNS_name:5480.
- Select the Migrate tab.
- Enter the host name and root credentials of the source vRealize Orchestrator environment.
- Enter the root credentials of the target vRealize Orchestrator primary node.
- Click Validate.
The system performs a series of validations steps to verify that the migration prerequisites are met.Note: If a migration prerequisite validation fails, review the failure and correct the problem. Click Edit Settings and retry the validation.
- When the validation finishes, click Migrate to start the migration procedure.
Note: If a migration step fails, review the failure and correct the problem. To retry the migration, revert to the pre-migration state of the target environment.
What to do next
To verify the vRealize Orchestrator configuration, follow the post migration steps.