You can use the vRealize Orchestrator Client to create, edit, and delete action scripts.
The vRealize Orchestrator Client provides libraries of predefined actions and an action editor for custom action scripts. Actions represent individual functions that you use as building blocks in workflows.
When a workflow runs, an action takes input parameters from the workflow's variables. These variables can be either the workflow's initial input parameters, or variables that other elements in the workflow set when they run.
The action editor includes an autocomplete feature for scripts and an API Explorer featuring the available scripting types and their documentation.
- Log in to the vRealize Orchestrator Client.
- Navigate to .
- Click New Action.
- On the General tab, enter the name and module name of the action.
- (Optional) Create a description, version number, tags, and group permissions for the action.
- On the Script tab, add action inputs, select the return type of the output, and write the script.
- To finish editing the action, click Save.
A message states that the action is saved.
What to do next
You can use the new custom action in workflows.