You can export and import workflows, policies, actions, plug-in references, resource elements, and configuration elements in packages. All dependent elements related to package objects are added to the package automatically, to ensure compatibility between versions. To delete dependent elements, you must first remove the related package object.
For most objects created in the vRealize Orchestrator Client, aside from resource elements, packages are the only way to export and import these objects.
Verify that the vRealize Orchestrator server contains objects like workflows, actions, and policies, that you can add to a package.
- Log in to the vRealize Orchestrator Client.
- Navigate to .
- Click New Package.
- On the General tab, enter a name and description for the package.
Note: You cannot use special characters when naming packages in the vRealize Orchestrator Client.
- On the Content tab, click Add.
- Select the objects that you want to add to the package and click Add.
Note: Dependant elements are added to the package automatically, but are not displayed in the Content tab during package creation. To view dependant elements, select the Content tab after package creation.
- To finish creating the package, click Create.