You can upgrade your vRealize Orchestrator 8.0.1 deployment to the latest product version by using a mounted ISO image. Upgrading vRealize Orchestrator 7.x or earlier to vRealize Orchestrator 8.x is not supported.
Download and mount the ISO image:
- Download the ISO image from the official VMware download site.
- Connect the CD-ROM drive of the vRealize Orchestrator Appliance virtual machine in vSphere. See the vSphere Virtual Machine Administration documentation.
Note: After connecting the CD-ROM drive, navigate to your vRealize Orchestrator Appliance VM settings page and verify that Connect At Power On is enabled.
- Mount the ISO image to the CD-ROM drive of the vRealize Orchestrator Appliance virtual machine in vSphere. See the vSphere Virtual Machine Administration documentation.
- Log in to the vRealize Orchestrator Appliance command line as root.
- Run the blkid command, and note the device name for the vRealize Orchestrator Appliance CD-ROM drive.
- Mount the CD-ROM drive.
mount /dev/xxx /mnt/cdromImportant: For clustered vRealize Orchestrator deployments, you must perform steps 2 and 3 on all nodes in the cluster.
- Back up your vRealize Orchestrator deployment by taking a virtual machine (VM) snapshot. See Take a Snapshot of a Virtual Machine.
Caution: vRealize Orchestrator 8.x does not currently support memory snapshots. Before taking the snapshot of your vRealize Orchestrator deployment, verify that the Snapshot the virtual machine’s memory option is disabled.
- To finish the upgrade, run the vracli upgrade exec -y --profile lcm --repo cdrom:// command on one of the nodes in your deployment.
What to do next
Validate that the vRealize Orchestrator Appliance upgrade was successful by navigating to https:// your_vro_FQDN/vco/api/about. The page should display information about the current vRealize Orchestrator Appliance build, product version, and API version, such as the following:
<ns2:build-number>15962410</ns2:build-number> <ns2:build-date>2020-04-02T23:00:11Z</ns2:build-date> <ns2:version>18.104.22.16862410</ns2:version> <ns2:api-version>5.5.2</ns2:api-version>