vRealize Orchestrator Appliance 8.1.0 Patch 2 | 29 July 2020 | Build 16631446
Check frequently for additions and updates to these release notes.
VMware vRealize Orchestrator 8.1.0 Patch 2 is a minor product patch release that includes specific resolved issues and common improvements made across the vRealize Orchestrator platform. The content of the VMware vRealize Orchestrator 8.1 Release Notes apply to this version as well.
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
How to upgrade to Patch 2
You can upgrade your vRealize Orchestrator Appliance to the Patch 2 build by following the official upgrade procedure. See Upgrade a Standalone vRealize Orchestrator 8.0.1 Deployment.
- For user interactions, the external values drop-down menu used to filter actions by return type fails to display the object.
The workflow variable types mapped as input parameters for user interactions are not transferred correctly to the workflow input form.
- An incorrect email is displayed during a push operation.
When performing a push operation to a remote Git repository, the displayed author email is the default email configured in vRealize Orchestrator and not the actual user email.
- When migrating vRealize Orchestrator 7.4 or earlier, the migration script fails on "Validates Orchestrator database content." step, while displaying the help output of the db-validate script.
When the database password contains special characters, this causes the db-validate script to fail.
- You cannot duplicate a workflow in the same folder as the source workflow.
You cannot duplicate a workflow in the same folder as the source workflow. The duplicate is moved to the web-root folder.
- You cannot configure local sites in the SRM plug-in.
When you use a vRealize Orchestrator deployment authenticated with vRealize Automation, you cannot configure local sites in the SRM plug-in. The workflow fails with the following error: "ReferenceError: "SRMPluginConfig" is not defined."
- The workflow run fails if you have an attribute that uses a Composite type with a Object reference field value passed as a input parameter to an embedded workflow.
The workflow run fails with a validation error when the workflow triggers an embedded workflow that includes composite type objects that contain the plug-in type.
- The "Add Key" workflow finishes successfully, but no key is found in the Certificate Authority keystore.
When you add custom keys, such as a RSA private key, by using the "Add Key" workflow, the workflow run finishes successfully, but the key is not added to the keystore.
The known issues are grouped as follows.
- Orchestrator Administrators in vRealize Automation are unable to create Python, Node.js, or PowerShell actions and scripts.
After upgrading to vRealize Orchestrator 8.1.0 Patch 2, administrator users are unable to create Python, Node.js, or Powershell actions or scripts. To use these scripting languages, the users need Orchestrator Workflow Designer rights.
1. From the vRealize Automation settings menu, select Identity & Access Management.
2. Select your administrator user.
3. Click Edit Roles.
4. Click Add Service Access.
5. From the left drop-down menu, select Orchestrator.
6. From the right drop-down menu, select Orchestrator Workflow Designer.
7. Save your changes.
8. If the user with edited rights is currently logged in, they must log out and log back in for the changes to take effect.