With the SNMP Trap Host policy listens for SNMP traps from hosts that might not be added as registered SNMP devices.
- Verify that you are logged in to the vRealize Orchestrator Client as an administrator.
- Verify that you have a connection to an SNMP device from the Inventory view.
- In the vRealize Orchestrator Client, navigate to .
- Open the SNMP Trap Host policy template and click Run.
- Enter a name for the policy that you want to create.
- (Optional) Enter a description for the policy.
Trap Host (Online)from the inventory tree.
- Click Run to create the policy.
The Orchestrator client switches to Run perspective.
- Right-click the policy and select Edit.
- In the Scripting tab, expand
- Select a workflow or a script to associate with the policy.
- Click Save and close to apply the edited settings.
- On the Policies view, right-click the policy that you edited and select Start policy.
What to do next
You can edit the SNMP Trap Host policy.