You must validate a workflow before you can run it. You can only fix validation errors if you have opened the workflow for editing.
Verify that you have a complete workflow to validate, with schema elements linked and bindings defined.
- Log in to the vRealize Orchestrator Client as an administrator.
- Navigate to and select the workflow you want to validate.
- Click Edit.
- Click Validate from the top menu.
If the workflow is valid, a confirmation message appears. If the workflow is invalid, a list of errors appears.
- For an invalid workflow, click an error message and take appropriate steps to resolve the problem.
The validation tool highlights the schema element in which the error occurs by adding a red icon to it. Where possible, the validation tool displays a quick fix action.
Important: Always check that the fix that vRealize Orchestrator proposes is appropriate.For example, the proposed action might be to delete an unused attribute, when in fact that attribute might not be bound correctly.
- If you agree with the proposed quick fix action, click it to perform that action.
- If you disagree with the proposed quick fix action, close the Workflow Validation dialog box and fix the schema element manually.
- Repeat the preceding steps until you have eliminated all validation errors.
You validated a workflow and fixed the validation errors.
What to do next
You can run the workflow.