The process for developing a workflow involves a series of phases. You can follow a different sequence of phases or skip a phase, depending on the type of workflow that you are developing. For example, you can create a workflow without custom scripting.
Generally, you develop a workflow through the following phases.
- Create a new workflow or create a duplicate of an existing workflow from the standard library.
- Provide general information about the workflow.
- Define the input parameters and out parameters of the workflow.
- Lay out and link the workflow schema to define the logical flow of the workflow.
- Bind the input and output parameters of each schema element to workflow variables.
- Write the necessary scripts for scriptable task elements or custom decision elements.
- Create the workflow presentation from the Input Form tab.
- Validate the workflow.