You can run a workflow to add a query to an SNMP device from the plug-in inventory.
- Verify that you are logged in to the vRealize Orchestrator Client as an administrator.
- Verify that you have a connection to an SNMP device from the Inventory view.
- Navigate to and enter the snmp and query_management tags in the workflow search box.
- Locate the Add a query to an SNMP device workflow and click Run.
- Select the device to which you want to add the query.
- From the Type drop-down menu, select the query type.
- In the OID text box, enter the object identifier of the variable that you want to query.
The following are example OID values.
Note: The plug-in supports only OID values that are numerical or that begin with iso and continue with numbers.
- (Optional) In the Name text box, enter a name for the query.
If you leave the text box blank, the type and OID parameters are used to generate a name automatically.
- Click Run.
What to do next
You can run workflows on the query from the Inventory view.