You can edit a trap policy to customize it for a specific use case. When you edit a trap policy, you can change its priority and startup settings, and customize the scripting and permissions associated with the policy.
- Verify that you are logged in to the vRealize Orchestrator Client as an administrator.
- Verify that you have a connection to an SNMP device from the Inventory view.
- In the vRealize Orchestrator Client, navigate to .
- If the policy that you want to edit is running, right-click the policy and select Stop policy.
- Right-click the policy and select Edit.
- From the General tab, edit the startup settings, priority, and description of the policy.
- (Optional) From the Scripting tab, you can associate a specific workflow or scripting code with the policy, for integration in a more complex scenario.
You can set the policy to trigger a custom workflow when a trap is received.
- (Optional) From the Permissions tab, you can modify the access rights.
You can give permissions to a user or to a group to start the policy, without giving permissions to edit the policy.
- Click Save and close to apply the edited settings.
- On the Policies view, right-click the policy that you edited and select Start policy.