You can run a workflow from the vRealize Orchestrator Client to generate a key pair. You can use the key pair to connect to an SSH host without a password.
A key pair consists of a public key and a private key. vRealize Orchestrator can use the private key to connect to the public key on an SSH host. You can use a passphrase to improve security.
Verify that the user account you are logged in with has the necessary permissions to run SSH workflows.
- Log in to the vRealize Orchestrator Client.
- Navigate to and enter the ssh tag in the workflow search box.
- Locate the Generate key pair workflow and click Run.
- Provide the required information.
- Select the key type.
- Select the key size.
- (Optional) Enter a passphrase.
Note: You can change the passphrase later.
- (Optional) Enter a comment.
- Click Run.
If a key pair exists, the new key pair overwrites it.