You can run a workflow to add an exchange in a specified broker.
- Verify that you are logged in to the vRealize Orchestrator Client as an administrator.
- Verify that you have a connection to an AMQP broker from the Inventory view.
- Navigate to and enter the amqp tag in the workflow search box.
- Locate the Declare an exchange workflow and click Run.
- On the AMQP Broker tab, select a broker to which you want to add the exchange.
- On the Exchange Properties tab, define the exchange properties.
- In the Name text box, enter the name of the queue to display.
- Select the exchange type.
Option Description direct Makes a direct match between the routing key provided in the message and the routing criteria used when a queue is bound to this exchange. fanout Forwards any message sent to this exchange to all queues bound to it. Queues that are bound to this exchange contain no arguments. headers Queues are bound to this exchange with a table of arguments that can contain headers and values. A special argument named x-match determines the matching algorithm. topic Performs a wildcard match between the routing key and the routing pattern specified in the binding.
- Select whether the exchange is durable.
Option Description Yes The exchange remains after a broker restart. No The exchange is removed after a broker restart.
- Select whether to delete the exchange with activated subscription automatically.
Option Description Yes Automatically deletes the exchange when no more queues are bound to it. The exchange remains until at least one queue is bound to it. No Does not delete the exchange.
- Click Run.