You create a recovery plan to establish how Site Recovery Manager recovers virtual machines.
- In the vSphere Client or the vSphere Web Client, click .
- On the Site Recovery home tab, select a site pair, and click View Details.
- Select the Recovery Plans tab, and click New to create a recovery plan.
- Enter a name, description, and direction for the plan, select a folder, and click Next.
- Select the group type from the menu.
Option Description Protection groups for individual VMs or datastore groups Select this option to create a recovery plan that contains array-based replication and vSphere Replication protection groups. Storage policy protection groups Select this option to create a recovery plan that contains storage policy protection groups.
If you are using stretched storage, select this option.
- Select one or more protection groups for the plan to recover, and click Next.
- From the Test Network drop-down menu, select a network to use during test recovery, and click Next.
If there are no site-level mappings, the default option Use site-level mapping creates an isolated test network.
- Review the summary information and click Finish to create the recovery plan.