You can start the vRealize Orchestrator server in debug mode to debug issues when developing a plug-in.
Install and configure the Kubernetes command-line tool on your local machine. See Install and Set Up kubectl.
- Log in to the vRealize Orchestrator Appliance command line as root.
- Run the kubectl -n prelude edit deployment vco-app command.
- Edit the deployment YAML file, by adding a debug environment variable to the vco-server-app container. The variable must be added under the env section of the vco-server-app container.
containers: - command: ... env: - name: DEBUG_PORT value: "your_desired_debug_port" ... name: vco-server-app ...Note: When adding the debug environment variable to the env section, you must follow the YAML indentation formatting as presented in the preceding example.
- Save the changes to the deployment file.
If the edit to the deployment file is successful, you receive the deployment.extensions/vco-app edited message.
- Generate the Kubernetes configuration file, by running the vracli dev kubeconfig command.
As kubeconfig is a developer environment, you are prompted to confirm that you want to continue. Enter yes to continue or no to stop.
- Copy the content of the generated configuration file from apiVersion: v1 up to and including the client-key-data content.
- Save the generated Kubernetes configuration file on your local machine.
- Log out of the vRealize Orchestrator Appliance.
- Finish configuring the debug mode on your local machine.
Important: When configuring your debugging tool, provide the DNS and IP settings of the local machine where you performed the port forward command.
- Open a command-line shell.
- Bind the KUBECONFIG environment variable to the saved configuration file.
Note: This example is based on a Linux environment.
- To validate that the services are running, run the kubectl cluster-info command.
- To finish configuring the debug mode, perform the following Kubernetes API request.
Note: The value of the localhost_debug_port variable is the port set in your remote debugging configuration of your Integrated Development Environment (IDE). The value of the vro_debug_port variable is generated during step 3 of this procedure.
kubectl port-forward pod/vco_app_pod_ID localhost_debug_port:vro_debug_port