You can use the vRealize Orchestrator Client to create, edit, and delete action scripts.
Starting with vRealize Orchestrator 8.1, you can use the following runtimes:
- Python 3.7
- Node.js 12
- PowerCLI 11/Powershell 6.2
- PowerCLI 12/Powershell 7
Note: The PowerCLI runtime includes PowerShell and the following modules: VMware.PowerCLI, PowerNSX, PowervRA.
Before creating a Python, Node.js, or PowerShell script, verify that you are familiar with the core concepts for developing vRealize Orchestrator compatible scripts that use these runtimes. See Core Concepts for Python, Node.js, and PowerShell Scripts.
- Log in to the vRealize Orchestrator Client.
- Navigate to .
- Click New Action.
- On the General tab, enter the name and module name of the action.
- (Optional) Create a description, version number, tags, and group permissions for the action.
- On the Script tab, add action inputs, select the return type of the output, and write the script.
Note: By selecting Zip from the Type drop-down menu, you can import an external script source and, if applicable, its dependency modules.
- To finish editing the action, click Save.
A message states that the action is saved.
What to do next
To view a use case example of how you can use vRealize Orchestrator actions, see How to Integrate Amazon Web Services in vRealize Orchestrator by Using Python.