To prepare the vRealize Orchestrator Appliance for use, you must configure the host settings and the authentication provider. You can configure vRealize Orchestrator to authenticate with vRealize Automation. Use vRealize Automation authentication with vRealize Automation 8.x.
- Download and deploy the latest version of the vRealize Orchestrator Appliance. See Download and Deploy the vRealize Orchestrator Appliance.
- Install and configure vRealize Automation 8.x and verify that your vRealize Automation server is running. See the vRealize Automation documentation.
Important: The product version of the vRealize Automation authentication provider must match the product version your vRealize Orchestrator deployment. For example, to authenticate a vRealize Orchestrator 8.5 deployment, you must use a vRealize Automation 8.5 deployment.
- Set up a load balancer to distribute traffic among multiple instances of vRealize Orchestrator. See VMware vRealize Orchestrator 8.x Load Balancing Guide.
- Access the Control Center to start the configuration wizard.
- Navigate to https://your_orchestrator_FQDN/vco-controlcenter.
- Log in as root with the password you entered during OVA deployment.
- Configure the authentication provider.
- On the Configure Authentication Provider page, select vRealize Automation from the Authentication mode drop-down menu.
- In the Host address text box, enter your vRealize Automation host address and click CONNECT.
The format of the vRealize Automation host address must be https:// your_vra_hostname.
- Click Accept Certificate.
- Enter the credentials of the vRealize Automation organization owner under which vRealize Orchestrator will be configured. Click REGISTER.
- Click SAVE CHANGES.
A message indicates that your configuration is saved successfully.
You have successfully finished the vRealize Orchestrator server configuration.
What to do next
- Verify that CSP is the configured license provider at the Licensing page.
- Verify that the node is configured properly at the Validate Configuration page.
Note: Following the configuration of the authentication provider, the vRealize Orchestrator server restarts automatically after 2 minutes. Verifying the configuration immediately after authentication can return an invalid configuration status.