As an administrator, you can use groups to set what vRealize Orchestrator content users can view and access in the vRealize Orchestrator Client.
You can use the vRealize Orchestrator Client to set group permissions to vRealize Orchestrator workflows, actions, policies, configuration elements, resource elements, and packages.
Note: Users from vRealize Orchestrator instances authenticated with vSphere, can only have Run group permissions.
- Log in to the vRealize Orchestrator Client as an administrator.
- Navigate to .
- Click New Group.
- On the Summary tab, add a name and description for the group.
- On the Users tab, click Add.
- Search for a user you want to add to the group.
- Assign group permissions to the user.
- Click Add.
- On the Items tab, add vRealize Orchestrator objects to the group.
Note: You can also add an object to existing groups when that object is being created in the vRealize Orchestrator Client. To add the object, select the group from the Accessible by drop-down menu on the Summary/General tab of the object editor.
- Click Save.