You can run an external PowerShell script on a host in the plug-in inventory.
External PowerShell scripts are contained in .ps1 files. The .ps1 file that you want to run must be stored on the PowerShell host.
- Verify that you are logged in to the vRealize Orchestrator Client as an administrator.
- Verify that you have a connection to a PowerShell host from the Inventory view.
- Verify that you have access to other .ps1 files that the script might reference.
- Navigate to and enter the powershell tag in the workflow search box.
- Locate the Invoke an external script workflow and click Run.
- On the PowerShell Host tab, select a PowerShell host on which to run the script.
- On the External Script tab, in the Name text box, type the filename of the external .ps1 script that you want to run.
Note: If the .ps1 file is not in the default folder, you must type the absolute file path. You can use system environment variables to specify script paths. For example, $env:HOMEPATH\test1.ps1.
- In the Arguments text box, type the script arguments.
The valid syntax is the same as used in the PowerShell console.
- Click Run.