You can set a policy to continuously listen for traps from an SNMP device that is already registered in the plug-in inventory.
- Verify that you are logged in to the vRealize Orchestrator Client as an administrator.
- Verify that you have a connection to an SNMP device from the Inventory view.
- In the vRealize Orchestrator Client, navigate to .
- Open the SNMP Trap policy template and click Run.
- Enter a name for the policy that you want to create.
- (Optional) Enter a description for the policy.
- Select an SNMP device for which to set the policy.
- Click Run to create the policy.
The vRealize Orchestrator Client switches to Run perspective.
- On the Policies view, right-click the policy that you created and select Start policy.
What to do next
You can edit the SNMP Trap policy.