You can back up vRealize Suite components by using vSphere Data Protection by creating a backup schedule and retention policies.
About this task
You are not required to delete any snapshots, however, be aware that vSphere Data Protection deletes all existing snapshots at the time of backup.
To back up vRealize Operations Manager by using vSphere Data Protection, see Backing Up and Restoring with vSphere Data Protection in the vRealize Operations Manager Information Center.
Verify that all nodes are powered on and are accessible while the backup is taking place.
Deploy and configure the vSphere Data Protection appliance. See the vSphere Data Protection Administration Guide.
- In the left pane of the Web Client, select vSphere Data Protection.
- Select the preconfigured vSphere Data Protection appliance and click Connect.
- On the Getting Started tab, select Create Backup Job.
- Leave the Guest Images option selected, and click Next.
- Leave the Full Images option selected, and click Next.
- In the inventory tree select all the nodes of the cluster that you want to back up, and click Next.
- Set a schedule for the backup job, and click Next.
- Specify a retention policy for the backup job, and click Next.
- Enter a name for the backup job, and click Next.
- Review the summary information for the backup job and click Finish.
The newly created backup job is listed on the Backup tab. The backup runs automatically according to the schedule you configured.
- (Optional) : To run the backup job manually at a later time.
- On the Backup tab, select the backup job.
- Click Backup Now, and select Backup all sources.
- (Optional) : On the Reports tab, select Job Details to verify that the backup job was completed.