Scheduled backups run automatically to ensure that backups occur on an ongoing basis.
A scheduled backup can include multiple clients or a single server.
- Create a dataset to define the data that is included in the backups.
- Disable quiesced snapshots.
- Select the plug-in type.
- For each selected plug-in type, click More.
- Enter the attribute [avvcbimage]quiesce_fs and attribute value false, and click + to add the flag.
- Create a schedule for when the backups should occur.
- Create a retention policy to define how long to keep the backups in the system.
- Create a group for the backups.
- Assign the new dataset to the new group.
- Assign a schedule to the new group.
- Assign a retention policy to the new group.
- Add one or more clients to the new group.
- Assign the proxies to the new group.
- Enable scheduling for the group.
What to do next
For information on monitoring and cancelling backup procedures, see the EMC Avamar for VMware User Guide.